EFSA Technical meeting with stakeholders on Novel Food applications
Do not miss Technical meeting with stakeholders on Novel Food applications to be held on 6 March 2017 in Parma, Italy.
The technical meeting is intended for all stakeholders interested in the field of novel food assessment: e.g. industry, competent authorities of Member States, academia, public and private research institutes as well as non-governmental organisations and patient’s representatives.
The overall aim of this technical meeting is the scientific discussion of the requirements set by the EFSA guidance documents for the preparation and presentation of an application for authorisation of a novel food and for notification and application for authorisation of traditional foods from third countries.
The topics for discussion in the agenda, which will be published in the third week of January, will include:
- Characterisation of a novel food and its production process
- Proposed uses, use levels and anticipated intake
- Key issues regarding the kinetics (“ADME data”) and the toxicological data
- The relevance of human data regarding nutritional information and safety
- Learning from the past: scientific reasons which led to Member State comments and clock-stops by EFSA
- Traditional Foods: history of use in a third country and proposed uses for the EU.
Further information concerning the meeting might be found on the dedicated page of the EFSA website.
If you are interested in participating, you are kindly invited to register online:
Please note that registration will close once the maximum number of 90 participants, including speakers and EFSA experts, is reached or at the latest on 3 February 2017.
Do not hesitate to contact Wolfgang GELBMANN (scientific information), Virginia SPURIO SALVI (organisational matters) and Stefania MORI (administrative matters) at EFSA_Technical_Meeting_NUTRI_Novelfood_2017@efsa.europa.eu
Date(s) - 06/03/2017