Davis-Thompson Foundation – Diseases of Non-Human Primates
Are the in-laws coming to town for Thanksgiving? We’ve got you covered!
Register for our 3 webinars going on throughout the Thanksgiving Holiday week and take a break!
Nov 24, 7am-5pm (PST) “Diseases of Non-Human Primates”
Cost: 50 USD
8 RACE CE credits
Cost: 50 USD
At the completion of this program on viral and bacterial diseases of macaques, the learner will be able to:
1. Identify common viral and bacterial diseases affecting macaques
2. Differentiate various infectious diseases based on gross and histological appearance
3. Discuss common infectious agents affecting laboratory populations of macaques
At the conclusion of disease of baboons, participants will be able to identify the gross and histopathologic features of the most common spontaneous pathologies described in captive-bred baboons. Participants will be able to analyze and apply this knowledge to the day-to-day diagnostic practice of non-human primate pathology.
At the conclusion of disease of marmosets:
1. Learn lesions and diseases in common marmosets organized by signalment, especially age.
2. Learn visual examples of many important diseases and iatrogenic lesions due to experimental manipulations.
3. Learn information about management and diagnostic resources for common marmosets.
Date(s) - 24/11/2020