Covance is looking for an Associate Pathologist
Direct link for applying: https://careers.covance.com/global/en/job/40221/Associate-Pathologist
Company Site - https://careers.covance.com/
The associate pathologist has primary responsibility for reporting and interpreting pathology data from all types of toxicity studies in Covance under the direct supervision of an experienced pathologist. The associate pathologist may also be responsible for QC of pathology reports.
The individual has a responsibility to conduct all work in compliance with applicable regulatory requirements, and specifically those regulations (GLP) specified in the study plans, protocols, or work agreements governing the work in which they are involved.
- Necropsy: supervise and if necessary assist with necropsies on laboratory animals. This will include dissection according to the protocol and the description and recording of gross abnormalities.
- Histopathology: Perform the microscopic evaluation and interpretation of tissue sections from animals exposed to test materials and correlate these findings with necropsy, organ weight and clinical pathology findings under the direct supervision of an experienced pathologist
- Reports: to evaluate, report and interpret necropsy and histopathology data under the direct supervision of a senior or principal pathologist. Communicate the significance of pathologic findings to study directors, clients and other individuals under the direct supervision of an experienced pathologist
- Interaction: to liaise with other members of Covance and with clients to ensure efficient pathological evaluation of assigned toxicity studies. Interact with pathologists, clinical pathology technicians, study directors, report production personnel.
- Organisational: to assist, as required, with the general operational management of the pathology group in areas such as computerisation, publications, Veterinary Services support etc.
- Training: to attend courses and meetings and undertake any required formal training to improve their scientific capabilities. Maintain a broad and up to date level of scientific awareness in all aspects of toxicology.
- Veterinary degree or equivalent.
- Open to limited or more seasoned experience in laboratory animal pathology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Competitive salary for the position will be offered
Covance Laboratories Limited, Harrogate, North Yorkshire HG3 1PY,
ADVERTISE WITH THE BSTP
Placing an advert with the BSTP is an effective way of reaching those working in the field of Toxicological, Experimental and Clinical Pathology in Europe and beyond. It’s easy too. Job postings can be placed online, both on the BSTP website and on the BSTP group LinkedIn page. We accept other adverts too, with flexible options to suit your needs.
Posting an open position on our Website:
Open positions are displayed on most pages of the website with a link through to an individual page giving details of the position. In order to post a position with the BSTP we will need the following information:
Position title (e.g. Senior Toxicological Pathologist)
Company Name (e.g. Sequani)
Company logo (small thumbnail size say approx 100x100; ideally .jpeg, .gif or similar)
A small “teaser” about the job/company – usually 3 or 4 sentences/50 or so words; no bigger than 300 words
Either a pdf file containing more information about the job/how to apply or a URL which we can link to contain all of the information required (feel free to supply both, both will appear online)
We are very flexible and would encourage you to contact the Secretariat to discuss your options.
Current Charges for an open position posting (subject to change without prior notice):
£150 per month on the BSTP Website
£200 per month on the BSTP Website and BSTP Group LinkedIn page
Invoices are sent once the advert has been uploaded with payment due on receipt of invoice.
Please contact the BSTP Secretariat to discuss all advertising requests - firstname.lastname@example.org