Internship in the Pharmaceutical or (Agro-) Chemical Industry: Career in Toxicologic Pathology
The ESTP would like to promote young colleagues interested in veterinary pathology to discover toxicologic pathology. Therefore, we are happy to share the possibility to apply for internships in departments of pathology/preclinical development in the pharmaceutical and (agro-) chemical industry as well as in contract research laboratories (CRO's).
- An internship in the industry or a CRO aims to provide an introduction to the toxicological and experimental pathologist's daily duties, i.e. technical, scientific and communication aspects, and an understanding of how pathology data fits into drug/chemical development and safety. The intern might also have the possibility to actively contribute to a short project.
- An internship can for example include the following task and challenges: Exposure to systemic toxicology studies including slide evaluation and review together with an experienced pathologists, efficacy, mechanistic and investigative studies, and data handling experience (comprehensive pathology).
- Internships are offered for the following duration:
- One-day job shadowing for veterinary students
- Few weeks to several months for veterinary graduates or students currently in a pathology PhD training or residency program (Important: this type of internship is to date not registered as an official training accepted as resident training for the ECVP board preparation)..
An official application for an internship generally includes a CV and a letter of motivation. Financial assistance cannot be provided by the ESTP but may be available from the respective company.
For any further information including contacts to laboratories willing to offer internships, please do not hesitate to contact us by email using the contact tool at https://www.eurotoxpath.org/nextgen/index.php