Davis-Thompson Foundation – Toxicology Pathology
On 26 January, we have a fantastic wide-ranging seminar on Toxicologic Pathology which will cover everything from basic principles of toxicology, environmental toxicologic pathology, techniques beeyond morphology used in pharma, and an introduction to the food safety and drug development process. There is something here for everyone thinking about, starting in, or with years of experience in toxicologic pathology.
Cost: $50 USD
8 Hours RACE-Accredited CE
- 7:00-8:30 am: “Pathology in Pharma: morphology and beyond” with Dr. Hibret Adissu, Covance Laboratories Inc.
- 8:30-10:00 am: “Basic toxicology principles” with Dr. Brad Bolon, GEMpath, Inc.,
- Learning objectives: “Tox Path 101”: Fundamental mechanisms
- 10:30-11:30 am: “Perspectives on regulatory toxicology studies for the toxicologic pathologist” with Dr. Deepa Rao, Tox Path Specialists, a Stage Bio Company
- 12:30-1:30 pm: “Drug modalities” with Dr. David Hutto, Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Learning objectives: Familiarize the participants with the concepts of how the discipline of toxicologic pathology fits into the overall objectives of drug discovery and development efforts and how those objectives are pursued in companies of different sizes and areas of focus.
- Learning objectives: Review different drug delivery platforms and modalities and consider how those modalities might be applied to the pursuit of new therapies in widely divergent disease areas
- 1:30-2:30 pm: Target animal safety, general toxicology for human food safety, and user safety/genotoxicity. Denise Schwahn, Zoetis
- Learning objectives: Compare and contrast drug development for livestock drugs and human health
- Learning objectives: Describe target animal safety and its assessment
- Learning objectives: Summarize the importance of genotoxicity and user safety for animal health products
- 3:00-4:00 pm: “Environmental toxicologic pathology” with Dr. Jeff Wolf, Experimental Pathology Laboratories, Inc., Sterling, Virginia
- 4:00-5:00 pm: Town hall discussion. All speakers
- Please, submit a list of topics of interest or specific questions related to toxicologic pathology for inclusion in the town hall discussion via Survey Monkey link provided via the registration website.
Date(s) - 26/01/2021
9:00 am - 5:00 pm