After careful consideration of the expanding coronavirus outbreak, to ensure the safety and well-being of our organisers, participants and speakers, the BSTP has reluctantly taken the decision to postpone CES 3: Carcinogenesis which was due to take place on 24th – 26th March 2020 and CES 4: Respiratory System due to take place on 14th – 16th July 2020.
All delegates due to attend CES 3 and 4 have already been contacted and refunds will be processed in due course.
Unfortunately because the long term effect of the virus is not known at this time, rather than reschedule these events for later on in the year (with the possibility that they too may need to be cancelled), the plan is for CES 3 to be rearranged for March 2021, with the provisional date being Tuesday 23rd to Thursday 25th March 2021 and CES 4 to be rearranged for July 2021, with the provisional date being Tuesday 13th to Thursday 15th July 2021.
We will be unable to confirm the new dates until late spring/early summer 2020, but as soon as the new dates for these events have been arranged, the BSTP Secretariat will be in touch with everyone on the mailing list with the updated information.
The BSTP Annual Scientific Meeting – Pathology of mice with humanised immune systems, is still due to take place in the UK on 12th and 13th November 2020 , with registration due to open in July, however, the BSTP Council will continue to assess the situation in relation to the coronavirus outbreak over the coming weeks/months so that an informed decision can be taken in good time as to whether this meeting will go ahead.
On behalf of the BSTP we are sorry that it has been necessary to postpone these events, but the BSTP is confident that this will prove to be a prudent decision.