The BSTP’s 33rd Annual Scientific Meeting (including the AGM) will cover the topic of mouse models of disease.
REGISTRATION IS STILL OPEN
On Thursday 15th November, there are a maximum number of places for Session 1 (35) and Session 2 (35), so to avoid missing out on your preferred session, you are advised to register early!
Based on the approach of previous mouse pathology meetings organised by the Wellcome Trust in 2012, 2014 and 2016, this meeting will aim to have a mix of talks to enable those in the early stages of their career to learn about mouse pathology basics and for the more experienced pathologists the aim is to enable them to refresh their knowledge on the basics, whilst including talks on advances in mouse pathology, including:
- Animal models in the age of CRISPR technology.
- Animal models in oncology drug development
- Humanised mouse models in infectious disease research
- Automated image analysis and artificial intelligence in pathology
- Taking images for publication
- Environmental effects on model phenotypes
- A ‘toolkit’ for pathology – recognition of gross lesions, taking samples, fixatives, special stains, RNAscope, tissue trimming and embedding, creating pathology data, INHAND, goRENI, comparative histopathology, comparative histopathology, strain and age-related differences..
Financial support for the meeting has been kindly provided by the Pathological Society of Great Britain and Ireland
Are you a scientist working with mouse models of disease?
Trainee/Early Career Pathologist Opportunities – The BSTP are delighted to be able to offer 10 stipendiary students studying a relevant mouse-model based PhD project, or pathology residents/trainees/early career pathologists working with mouse models the opportunity to attend (free of charge) the full meeting (Thursday 15th and Friday 16th November 2018) or as a day delegate (on Thursday 15th November 2018 only). In addition, (if not already a member of the BSTP) successful candidates will receive a year’s free membership of the BSTP worth £60.
Sponsorship and Promotional Opportunities – Unfortunately, at this event it is not possible for the BSTP to host a trade exhibition, however, we feel that by providing sponsorship for this event it will allow you to promote your company services to a diverse group of toxicological and experimental pathologists.
CLICK HERE for more information.